Ir al contenido principal

BLOG 5 - My Experience Learning English

My experience learning English at the university has been very good this semester.  I was quite surprised when I took this course, I think the classes are very personalized and I like the teaching method that is used through conversations about everyday life.

The blogs seem to me a novel way of learning and interacting with classmates. I think that the topics we deal with in each blog are interesting, because they are close to everyday life and to oneself and make us remember, identify and reflect on our tastes and interests.

I think I need to improve a lot more in listening to others, it is difficult for me to understand spoken English without first stopping to think about each word that is being communicated to me, which means that every time I try to respond I am thinking more about how I am responding and the nervousness that this causes me, than about the content of what I am talking about. I am trying to improve this aspect of language, watching movies with English subtitles, talking to myself and thinking in English too haha.

Outside of class, I use English on my cell phone generally, I think that this language has more and more presence in our environment and to be honest, I really want to learn this language because I know it is a very valuable tool.



Comentarios

  1. It's good to have a good ambience while you are learning, in that way you would have more interest in lesson and not only seeing it as an obligation, with practice would become more easy to hear another people talking in english and understan everything.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Hello my namesake! Just like you Carolina I really enjoy the English classes this semester but unlike what you say I need to improve my spoken English.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

BLOG 6 - My Study Programme

My experience at the university has been quite good. When I enrolled in the university, the first thing I saw was the curriculum, and I fell in love with it. Last year, the first semester to be more precise, I had very few courses, and also there was a strike at the university which made it impossible for me to attend, however, I was happy because I found that they were very introductory subjects and also the university is quite far from my home. This year I have had a much more pleasant experience at the university, I formed my group of friends, I like the subjects much more because they are closer to the career and a very reflective atmosphere is formed in each class. So far, the subjects that I have liked the most have been "psychopathology" and "social psychology", since they are subjects applied to the reality and daily life of each one of us. In psychopathology they teach us the diversity of clinical cases and under what criteria to diagnose and intervene; on

BLOG 1 - A Country/Place I Would Like/Love To Visit

Hello! I think it's hard to choose just one place to visit when there are so many wonders to see in the world. However, there are 2 places that i am very interested in visiting, either for their attractions, their culture or their history. The first is Switzerland. I would love to visit the cities that are surrounded by the Swiss Alps, especially Coira, one of the oldest cities in this country and that gives an enriching experience through its buildings for its more than 5000 years of history. In addition, i would love to travel by train in this country, as Switzerland has one of the most efficient and best connected railway networks in the world, offering wonderful panoramic views. And, of course, Swiss chocolate is said to be the best in the world, so i wouldn't miss the opportunity to visit chocolate shops and enjoy these delicious. ¡I love chocolate! The second place i would visit is India. For me it is a country with a unique culture and a very deep way of living spiri

BLOG 4 - Postgraduate Studies

Hello everyone! I am interested in continuing my studies once I graduate. I have inquired about the prices and I know that they are expensive, but I think that graduate studies are necessary for further professional growth. Besides, there is the option of applying for scholarships and other forms of financing that will help you with the payment, and of course, starting to generate savings accounts for the studies is a very viable option to alleviate that cost in the future. I think it is also important to keep learning and updating about the new needs that are emerging in society. And not only in psychology, but in all professional areas. In particular, I have seen the option of applying for scholarships, not only in Chile, but also abroad. I would love to go on a study trip, I think it can be a very enriching experience, as each country has a unique culture from which you can acquire diverse perspectives and learning. I would like to specialize in the area of legal psychology, I t